This experience is specially designed for kids between the ages of 10-16 with a true passion for fishing, boating and the marine environment. This camp will keep your child talking for the rest of the year and give them the basic understandings about safe fishing, lobstering and boating.
Daily Agenda And Fish Targeted:
Each day starts at 8am and begins with going over safety equipment, boat terminology with an interactive game using sticky notes, behavior expected while on and around the boat and fishing goals of the day.
Inshore and Offshore Species
- Inshore – Striped Bass, Bluefish, Mackerel, Pollack.
- Offshore – Cod, Haddock, Pollack, Halibut and Shark.
- Lobstering will be a fun and exciting component of each trip. Your child will learn the difference between male and female, claw types, legal measurements and appropriate banding technique.
- Fishing is usually going to be the highlight for the trips. We use light tackle spinning gear and will use artificial and live bait. Your child will be able to identify at least 4 species by the end of the month.
- Each day your child will enjoy a nice coastal cruise anywhere from Wells to Biddeford Pool area. Except the offshore day, we are always within 2 miles of land and can be reached by cell phone.
Each child will be given a t-shirt at the end of camp free of charge.